SHARING EXPERIENCE OF GMC REGISTRATION from PAKISTAN:

SHARING EXPERIENCE OF GMC REGISTRATION from PAKISTAN:

I was granted GMC registration yesterday. I’m grateful enough to all the admins and other people for help along the way. Since PMDC has been dissolved in Pakistan, I thought to share my experience which can be helpful for other doctors from Pakistan seeking GMC registration sooner or later.

1. Pakistan medical commission is in appalling state right now. They have issues with computers, internet, etc. It is always ideal to visit in person to get your issues sorted. They are not very good at replying to emails or phone calls.

2. When filling your online form for GMC registration, the Add recent experience is very crucial. Most of the candidates make mistake here and end up justifying and clarifying GMC about days of practice without registration with PMC. I made this mistake for 6 days and GMC kept on asking me for it. So fill this form carefully.

3. Q: I have done my entire house job without even PMDC provisional registration. What to do ?

This was my case, and it’s not a big problem if you have similar scenario.
All you need to do is go to PMC office and meet person named (SALAHUDDIN) He is current person incharge for it. -contact number: 0335 8632815. He has the format for it as well. Meet him and show him the email from GMC. They’ll take some time and give you certificate. Ask them to properly enter email addresses and dates. They put wrong dates and GMC emailed me back to get them corrected which further wasted time.
4. Q: my IELTS is going to expire before GMC examine my application and take decision? What to do?

This was also my case. My ielts was going to expire on 25 Nov 2019 and I was worried that this deadline will pass and I’ll have to take IELTS/OET again for GMC registration. I requested GMC about my Ielts expiry and they were kind enough to extend my ielts deadline to 10 more day. Meanwhile I got registration.

1. Lastly, GMC had asked me to send them good standing certificate from PMC. I emailed GMC that it is difficult to get GSC now because PMDC is dissolved and PMC is yet to function properly. GMC asked me to send original house certificates as substitute for GSC. It worked for me. But PMC is issuing GSC certificate now anyway.

I will be more than happy to help. Thanks everyone.