Studied uworld 2 months with biostats module, took it October 1st and 2nd

Experience:

Studied uworld 2 months with biostats module, took it October 1st and 2nd.

Day 1: a LOT of biostats, if you really understand the uworld questions and biostats module you’re fine. A lot of drug ads, just do process of elimination. A lot of super strange scenario/ethics questions, do your best guess. The medicine stuff is either residual step knowledge or working it out, uworld didn’t really help. A lot of it was not possible to study for so just work on getting back in the grind of doing questions and test taking skills.

Day 2: I don’t think any of the multiple choice questions were “studyable”. There were some questions like uworld, in fact one was very similar, but it went so far beyond uworld I had no idea what the answer was. It’s all pretty hard prognosis stuff. There were uworld style questions but not a lot uworld content if that makes sense. Day 2 MCQs was the hardest part for me. CCS cases were much easier to me than uworld, ironically uworld takes that part too far. There were a couple times I missed stuff because I wasn’t paying attention to the results so make sure you actually read them. They all ended early though. I skimmed crush CCS cases I don’t think it helped. The most important thing was to download the software and play with it a little to see what’s different from uworld. Like play with it to see what HIV test comes back quickest for example is what I did.

My recommendation: uworld to get back into the swing of questions, make sure you’re comfortable with biostats, practice with uworld interactive cases (practice cases were completely useless and way beyond what you need to do) and practice the CCS software online. Biostats module helped reinforce things.

Uwsa1: 210 2 weeks before

Uwsa2: 230 1 week

Free 120: probably ~80%

Good luck!