" the paintings were painted directly through me, without preliminary sketch and with great strength

" the paintings were painted directly through me, without preliminary sketch and with great strength. I had no idea what these images were going to represent, however I was working fast and with confidence, without changing any brush lines "

In her will, hilma af klint leaves all of her abstract painting to her nephew, Erik Af Klint, Vice-Admiral of the Swedish Royal Navy. Hilma af klint says that the work must remain sealed at least twenty years after her death. When the boxes will be opened in the late 1960 s, few people have known what was going to be revealed to them. It will take another twenty years before the first exhibition takes place: the abstract work of hilma af klint will be shown to the general public for the first time at the spiritual in art exhibition, Abstract Painting 1890-1985, held in los Angeles in 1986. This exhibition will mark the beginning of its international fame.

The Collection of abstract paintings by hilma af klint has more than a thousand two hundred paintings.