This is a post I had promised myself to write and share if I was successful in getting a dependent visa for my child

This is a post I had promised myself to write and share if I was successful in getting a dependent visa for my child.

I’m sure there will be a lot of others in my same shoes, and I hope this helps.

I’m a single mother, who just got my first job in the NHS. The moment I got my GMC registration, I started looking for answers on this group for applying visa for my child.
Unfortunately, most of the comments said that it was nearly impossible to get a visa while applying as a single parent. I read a lot of posts about rejection and it was hard for me to accept, and I kept looking for answers. And I found a few positive comments where the parent first worked for some time in the NHS, and then applied for the child. And they also mentioned that it is necessary to have a sole custody certificate for getting the visa.
But let me tell you, I’ve got a visa for myself and my dependent together without any rejection.

Following are the supporting documents I kept along with the application:

1. A detailed cover letter mentioning my circumstances focusing on the fact that the child lives with me. The other parent is in another country.
  2. A copy of my divorce agreement (I had an out of court settlement). I had a clause added in the agreement that I have sole responsibility on all decisions pertaining to my child, including visa and international travel.
  3. A letter from an OFSTED registered childminder saying she’s agreed to take care of my child during my work hours.
  4. The COS had certified maintenance for me and my dependent. So I didn’t show any proof of funds from my side.(I mentioned this in the cover letter too)
  5. A consent letter from myself saying that the child will travel with me and live with me in the hospital accommodation.
  6. The regular documents like Police Clearance Certificates, birth certificate, etc

With these documents, I applied for priority visa, and got our visas within 4 days.

This group has helped me a lot throughout my PLAB journey, and I’ve met a lot of beautiful people helping each other selflessly. Thank you for everything.

PS: I prayed a lot to the Almighty during this period, and that’s the reason I got what I wished for