Training applications for most specialties at CT1/ST1 level opened earlier today

Training applications for most specialties at CT1/ST1 level opened earlier today.

I want to request all IMGs to not be in a rush while applying for training, regardless of their past experience. Please work in the NHS for long enough to feel comfortable before applying for training.

I have seen many doctors who started their NHS careers with a training post. Their reasoning included the following:

1. Working as a non-trainee is a waste of time.
  2. Having enough experience back home.
  3. Having passed Royal College exams.

Sadly, despite the reasons mentioned above, most of them struggle as it is not easy to adjust to a new system. Starting with a training job just adds more pressure to their job. They end up making mistakes, getting reported to the GMC and endangering their careers. There are exceptions, but most of them regret starting their career with a training post.

Having said all of this, this is only my opinion and observation. You should always check information with others and then make the decision which YOU think is the best for you.

All the best! :slightly_smiling_face: