What to do after you get your PLAB 1 cleared

What to do after you get your PLAB 1 cleared

Visa processing is something that is essential, and I can write about that in detail as well but that is for another post if you require that but the blogs; roadtouk, Dr Naseer & Dr. Omar Alam are more than sufficient for all your queries and there are some helpful WhatsApp groups that can help and answer specific questions as well that are more individual-based. I will be writing about how to choose an academy and why choose that city and then you make the appropriate choice accordingly to your individual needs.

A total of four (4) academies exist which are prominent in the sphere of PLAB 2

1. Common Stations (Barking, London) - [email protected]

2. Swammy (Manchester) - [email protected]

3. Aspire (London, Manchester second branch) - [email protected]

4. Samson (London) - [email protected]

So, what things you should be taking into consideration when you are choosing the academy; it is very subjective and what my own thoughts are; also they are on the opinions of my friends who took other academies and the posts, I have read along the way.

1. The PLAB 2 exam is held in Manchester so things will be convenient and cheaper for you if you choose to go their first and then stay there and join Swammy/Aspire’s second branch.

2. You should identify what sort of learning suits your caliber, meaning if you’re someone that needs lots of practice mocks before an exam then the best place to go to is Samson. If you are someone that needs smart studying and then your communication skills are already good, and you just need smart study material and then you can improve than your choice should be Aspire. If you are someone that needs all the material and you need everything systematic and then you can convert dense study material and follow a set structure then the place to go to is Common Stations, If you’re someone that is good at practice and communication skills and you can manipulate teaching material and get rid of irrelevant stuff and are inherently confident then the choice is Swammy.

3. Why did I choose Common Stations – because I had multiple friends/seniors who had firsthand experience of this academy and they said I should go there, I feel that maybe aspire could have been the right choice for me because they have less material and more emphasis on improvising in the exam?

4. The most essential thing that one should know is that each academy can only give you so much head start and then afterward it really depends on your self-practice and retention of that material because it is a lot of cramming of stuff and then it’s on the day performance that matters the most.

5. If you choose an academy do take into consideration the city if you’re going to be on your own because you do need help and the most key thing is to make lots of friends and study partners as soon as possible and the people that are close to your exam date.

6. Give yourself at least 4-5weeks post academy so you can practice and be confident in the exam because the study material is at least 3000-4000 pages.

If you have any specific questions, I will answer all of them to my best knowledge; I had sent this to one of my college professors who was having trouble choosing an academy for his grandson so I sent this email to him, And I thought it might help someone else as well so just posting this here as well.