Which was more painful / had a longer recovery for you: the initial ACL tear, or the repair?

Which was more painful / had a longer recovery for you: the initial ACL tear, or the repair?

The tear was awful and hurt like hell ( I will hear the pop forever in my nightmares), plus learning to live with the injury and trying to regain ROM was tough. I had surgery almost 3 weeks ago and the pain was bearable. I had a nerve block and awesome pain meds. I think the recovery is really hard so far…mentally and physically. It’s a marathon - not a sprint which is really hard for me. And for the record - it’s exhausting…brace for 6 weeks total if recovery and protocol all go according “to plan”. I am burning the brace when I know for sure I don’t need it anymore!!!

The repair… coming out of anesthesia was killer painful. I broke my TPF a year later and that won the pain award hands down.

I tore mine playing football 5 weeks ago⚽️ wow… the twist, pop and explode was unbelievable🤯🥵 I’m now 2 days away from surgery on Friday - ACL reconstruction and Meniscal repair 🔪 nervous is an understatement, any help or advice will be grateful