Amc stands for Australian medical council . 200 min for 150 questions

Amc inquiry
Amc stands for Australian medical council . 200 min for 150 questions . Subjects are clinical like medicine surgery gyane obs pediatrics ortho psychiatry medical ethics biostat population health screening . Exam centers not present in bangladesh . Nearest center is Delhi and Bangkok . I took my exam from Delhi . Exam fees 2000 usd . More than 1.5 lac . Initial verification is required by ECMFG to seat for exam that is a very challenging part too . You need to open account in amc portal . After verified u will get email then u can submit money and take date of exam . Exam date u can change . Every month there is amc exam except for December and January . Book suggested - murtag , amc handbook , Kaplan series step2ck , amc best seller ( written by me ) , red book , RACGP guidelines. Also need to access some popular amc groups and follow past papers/ recalls . Amc q bank is a practice q bank for amc . Last 3/4 month before exam you just need to go through recalls that all we did before our exams.
How to study for amc my experience-
Better to start with john murtag and amc handbook . Eventually everything present in murtag .
Do recalls 3-4 hours everyday. Write the recalls in john murtag ,bcoz later u will forget the explanation of the question also during revision it will help u. Some recall topics u will not find in books . Check those topics in website preferably medscape reliable . Use google image for pictures ,radiology, ecg . Investigations are nicely written in imaging diagnostic pathway . Search in google like haematuria imaging diagnostic pathway . Follow those flow charts . Red book is good for screening i got many questions from there . I didnot follow tjenda , i find it confusing . I jabe read oxford surgery for general surgery . Gynae obs Linian jones is a nice book but first read from murtag . Additional thing read from linnan jones . Do amc q bank after u read all the things for one time . 2 months before exam amc q bank will be helpful. Ortho john murtag is good . Eye and ent john murtag was ok to me . Solve as much as questions .some recall based books can be helpful like amc best seller.
Total study time should be 8 hours per day for AMC for 8/9 months. Suggested to go through some 6 months coaching in any center then do previous questions correctly for 3/4 months . . Book exam 4 months ago it will help u speed up ur preparation.
With thanks Dr.Shahriar ahmed.

49 yrs old factory worker presenting with heavy tinnitus in the ears and some hearing impairment . Rinne test Positive and Weber test louder in the better ear .Other wise Auriscope examination NAD,You perform Audiology testing and the Audiogram is as follows.What is most likely cause of his hearing impairment
1.Age related Sensoneural Deafness
2.Noise induced sensoneural Deafness
3.Conduction deafness
4.Mixed deafness
5.Normal Audiogram

50Yrs old Gentleman presenting for his “50 yrs old” check up . HIs PMH Nothing significant . you find his several previous BP s all around 150/100mmHg .As his preliminary Ix all normal except on his ECG, he has severe LVH .How do you manage his Essential Hypertension.
1.HCT
2.Life Style Modification and review in 3/12
3.Perindopril+ Life Style Changes
4.Perindopril plus +Life Style Changes
5.Life style modification and review in 6/12

I wanted to clarify few doubts regarding residency in Australia. I did my MBBS from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi and I am currently an intern there. I had read about the Standard pathway for entering into residency at Australia and understood about the AMC MCQ as well as clinical exam and then one year of supervised training job before getting registered with the Medical Board. I have a few queries regarding thks process.

1. How are the applicants allotted seats for the one year training programme? (On the basis of AMC scores or some kind of interview?)
  2. After the training period, one applies for residency- So, on what basis does the applicant get residency (which stream and which university) Is it based on AMC scores or interview or recommendations from the supervisors during training period?
  3. Can someone give the AMC MCQ exam and after passing it, obtain a seat for training programme and while undergoing it, give the clinical exam?

I would be very grateful if someone could alleviate my doubts… Thanks a lot!!!

An old lady is on warfarin and multi-drugs. All her medication were timed and properly titrated. She could always keep her INR under 2.5. She is now visiting to her daughter house. She took paracetamol 500mg tds for mild body ache from travelling, amoxicillin for UTI, and tamazepam for insomnia. Her INR is now 4.5. Which of the following make her INR gone high?

a. Tamazepam
b. Paracetamol
c. Amoxicillin
d. Her current UTI and stress from visiting