Being a member of this group for a long time and the immense support

I have been reading posts of doctors here who are struggling to find jobs but I find very few people posting here once they were successful in finding a job.

Being a member of this group for a long time and the immense support I have received from some of the members, it would only be fair for me to post my own statistics on finding a job and to motivate those still in the search.

No. of applications - 250

Duration - 3 months after GMC registration, 5 months after Plab 2 and 4 months from the results.

Specialties applied to - All medical specialties, few Psychiatry and Emergency Medicine posts.

Interview calls (shortlisted) - Total of 12. 6 in Jan. 6 for Feb

Interviews attended - 6 (over Skype) in Jan

Offers received - 2 (one from Critical care and another stroke medicine).
Accepted Stroke medicine (one year) and politely declined Critical care (LAS post - 6 months)

I withdrew from the interview calls which I received in Feb (6 very lucrative and with two of them with permanent contracts)

My advice - keep trying. There are a lot of jobs available. Prepare very well for the interviews. Good luck.

PS : I am flying out next month. Happy to answer any questions.

My professional experience (if that helps) : One year internship. One year of Intensive care medicine (included Acute calls for Stroke and cardiac arrest)
9 months Academic post - Physiology.
MRCP 1