Congratulations for making it through the first round of MRCP

Congratulations for making it through the first round of MRCP.
I’m a fresh Grad. Finished my internship on 30th June,2019. Scored 629 in MRCP part 1 September diet 2019.
During my internship I sat for Bangladesh Civil Service examination and after the Preliminary exam & VIVA I was recommended as Assistant surgeon.
The reason I’m sharing my experience is to show you how many ups & downs you’ll face in your life, yet you got to keep up your own track…

Right after my MBBS,before my internship, I studied for PLAB & when the result (MBBS)came out and I got better marks in surgery, so I changed my mind & started studying for MRCS.
During the middle of my internship I went for Commonwealth scholarship 2019 in the branch of Reconstructive surgery & I was shortlisted for it.

Later on, after I started reading Davidson during my medicine placement I came to understand that Surgery is not my thing. But I wasn’t sure about the September diet that time.

I got extension duties during the last month of my internship. Had to run back & forth to Dhaka Medical College for my logbook signature( & to make matters worse I lost my logbook once so I had to redo all the paperworks again)
Sat for Health examination for the BCS.

My mother was admitted into hospital for 5 days for Ventricular Bigeminy and had to get her angiogram done.

During all these chaos I tried to keep myself calm & studied for MRCP day & night.

Study duration: A little less than 3 months
Study hours: 18+ hrs a day( but it’s okay if you can’t manage to study at all for a day or two sometimes …that,happened to me as well!)
Study materials:1) Pastest (latest edition) (solved it twice)
2) Sudamedicine by Hani ( Do check the last two pages before exam, i had 3 questions from the last two pages on the exam)
3) Feel free to use any reference books( I studied basics of Statistics from an USMLE video tutorial & physiology from a Guidebook!)

Tips:

1. make a study plan
  2. Allot time accordingly
  3. 7days a system is enough (although for me, Cardiology & Neurology + pharmacology took 10 days each)
  4. It’s okay to feel depressed. The preparation time is very long & tiring & it gets boring towards the end.
    Remember, it’s important to take a 2 hour break & watch your favourite sitcoms & enjoy a mug of coffee
  5. Paypal paying method is probably restricted now.
    So make sure which payment method are you choosing for yourself.
  6. keep yourself hydrated during the exam & don’t fall asleep. It’ s a long exam & you’ll be needing much energy.

If any of you have any further queries, feel free to leave a comment & best of luck!