Cyst Popping (Video)

This is the moment a woman removed a cyst from her boyfriend’s face.

In a graphic video, the woman identified only as Lila W uses a scalpel, tongs, nail scissors, and her hands to remove the hard lumpy discharge.

Unlike acne cysts, true cysts are treated by doctors as severe conditions which should never be handled at home.The video titled The Exorcism Of Aaron shows the woman squeezing and pulling the cyst until it is all out.It has racked up more than 5 million views on YouTube, leaving viewers – both laypeople and medical professionals – aghast.’In this video a true cyst is being removed, which is rather shocking,’ Dr Debra Jal, a board-certified New York City dermatologist, remarked to Daily Mail Online.

A true cyst has a capsule and the only way it can effectively be treated is in a doctors office.’The slow-growing pale-colored lumps are painless.

Inside, they are filled with a thick substance that has a distinctly strong smell, like gone-off cheese.They grow due to a build-up of a protein called keratin.The protein, which naturally grows in skin cells, gets trapped under skin damaged by acne or sun exposure. With no avenue for release, the protein builds up to form a lump.Normally, Dr Jal explained, a true cyst – or an ‘epidermoid cyst’ – has to be thoroughly cleaned with alcohol.

Acne cysts can be treated with intralesional cortisone injections in a doctors office, Dr Jal, creator of Sea Radiance products, says.The procedure lasts 10 minutes, and any sign of the cyst or operation disappears within a few days.Daily Mail Online has contacted Lila W for a comment. It is not clear whether she or Aaron have medical backgrounds. The description for the video reads in part: ‘Please don’t comment and finger-wag that he should’ve gone to a doctor or that I didn’t know what I was doing.’Going to a doctor wasn’t possible and I knew what I was doing. Mostly.’