Does anyone have helpful remedies for eyelid dermatitis?

Does anyone have helpful remedies for eyelid dermatitis? Looking for non-steroid solutions. Next step for me from the dr is a patch test but looking for any form or relief in the meantime. I’m unable to wear makeup now for almost 8months. My eyelids go through a process of red/puffy to peeling/itchy to dry and flaking. It is a non-stop cycle. Any suggestions are very welcome! I’m so frustrated …

Aw I’m so sorry. What things have you been using up until now? The cream can’t be too heavy on your eyelids…so I used a diprobase ointment. it worked quite well. Avoid the wind and hopefully it gets sunnier soon!!

I had something similar for years. I used to use aquaphor but come to find out that has lanolin and it was contributing to my eye dermatitis. I highly recommend at night wetting your face putting some light steroid ointment or whatever ointment you use then a very generous amount of Vaseline, followed by a warm wet rag over your face for a few minutes. Hope this helps!!!

my dermatologist advises against using steroids on the face. The skin on the eyelids is thin enough as it is. I’d extend that to not using them at all if possible 🙂 for the author of this question, I’d suggest: get plenty of sun, eat foods rich in Omega 3 and B vit (meat and fish), and find a cream that works well. Eucerin intensive Atopi Control cream has been doing an okay job for me. Today I’ve started using a lanolin-based cream that’s very thick so I’ll see how that goes (I’m not allergic to it, some people can’t do this). When in an acute, puffy phase, cold compresses help me a lot. In the evenings I do Dead Sea salt baths to relieve the itching. Wet bandages are also a good over-night method. I put cream on my skin and cover it in bandages soaked in thermal water or saline overnight. One layer of wet bandage + one layer of dry bandage on top.

Sadly, I don’t believe creams and ointments are going to be anything more than a short-term relief. I’ve been struggling with this shit for years and still haven’t been able to find a cause or a long-term solution.

I agree steroid ointments are the best for on the face. Unfortunately my AD is so severe I haven’t had any other options as ellidel and eucrisq don’t work. I also cannot use anything animal based like lanolin. It took me years to realize aquaphor was making things worse not better. I’m also on dupixent (which is a game changer unfortunately I still get a very angry face) so I was pulse dosing with prednisone, then cyclosporine. Now I’m going back on methotrexate to supplement my dupixent