Dr believes I'm ruptured my acl again

So my Dr believes I’m ruptured my acl again. It’s been bothering me for the better part of a year now. Waiting on an MRI but she said from how loose it felt I’m probably looking at surgery if it’s even repairable. Anyone consider a total knee replacement instead of repair surgery?

sorry about your injury. Just confirming you had an ACLR in the past and now it is believed you may have a full tear to the graft that was inserted ? Did your Dr conduct a lachmans test or similar that showed laxity ?

yes I had an ACL and MCL repair in May of 2018. My doctor did perform the Lachmans test and said it was very laxed and loose. I fell on my knee this past summer pretty hard and this caused me to have a floating patella. With all the covid craziness it’s been insanely hard to get an appointment to see my drs, so I first went to urgent care where the Dr performed the lachmans test and said he thought it was ruptured (he used to work in sports medicine) then I saw my pcp yesterday where she then agreed with his theory after she performed the test as well. She put in for a referral to my orthopedic surgeon and sent an MRI referral. It’s all taking forever. They said all the imaging centers in my area are backed up for the next two months.