Dr shweta chaudhary. COUPLE MATCHED!

Dr shweta chaudhary.
COUPLE MATCHED!!!
Thank you almighty, my family, friends and all the good people we came across.
This group helped me a lot throughout my USMLE journey and I feel I should give back to the wonderful people of this group.

We both got matched in Internal Medicine.

BACKGROUND

BOTH- YOG 2014
Home country residency 2014 to 2017, I did MD Pathology and my husband did MD Medicine.
Decided to give steps after finishing our residency
Step 1- NOV 2018
Step 2 CK- April 2019
CS – May 2019
Step 3- Jan 2020
My scores 253, 256, first attempt, 232
Partner’s scores 245, 239, first attempt, 223
USCE- 3 and half months – 3 rotations – 2 in cardiology, 1 IM
LOR- 3 US LORS and 1 from home country residency
We applied to 170 programs.
Visa required

Interviews received- 14 plus 1 prematch-didn’t get the offer; Partner got 14 interviews

ADVICE FOR COUPLES

When you are going for couples match, always try to increase your number of interviews by requesting the program through email when one person gets the invite - makes it easier to travel if you get the same day interview. If they don’t reply, you can even ask to consider the partner’s application at the time of the interview itself if you are really interested for the particular program. This thing helped us both. We had our 13 interviews in common out of our 14.

We ranked all the 14 programs. Made combinations, keeping the geographical distance and ease of travel in mind. Also included “no match code” at the bottom of our lists.

So final Rank order list numbers – 88 in total with all the combinations and no match codes.

Matched at our 1st choice.

ADVICE FOR SPECIALTY CHANGE

If you are changing specialty just like I did, try to prove your complete dedication through your scores and USCE. Also try to touch base with that in PS and be ready to explain it during your interviews as well.