Dr. Swamy's PLAB 2 course review:

Dr. Swamy’s PLAB 2 course review:

Because they deserve it. They never ask anyone to post a review, they don’t have an active facebook page. That’s the reason a lot of people who rely on social media to decide on PLAB 2 academy feel reluctant to join Swamy. I was one of them but I chose Swamy and no regrets whatsoever! I posted on the group my reasons for choosing them.

After joining the course, I found it to be better than my expectations. Dr. Swamy takes almost 6/7 classes, rest are taken by others. Some of them are ex-plabbers, some junior doctors working in NHS and all are brilliant and know what they’re talking about. They also have Dr. Basim Ali who is a UK med school graduate and a junior doctor so you’ll also get a different perspective from someone who has been in the system for quite some time now.

From day one, they keep stressing on the importance of interpersonal skills and practise stations with the candidates. You can see people improving in front of you by the end of the course.

They have all the manikins, not all in perfect condition though, but it didn’t affect our practice in any way. They also have a fully functional simman, you have to pay a small amount for that session though. They’ll show you all the masks etc for simman stations and there are a few other manikins as well that they’ll teach you.

The notes are up to date. Whenever a new station comes up, they’ll provide you the notes within a couple of days. Notes are not arranged according to systems/symptoms though. I made my own list for that.

There are 4 mocks and you can also observe mocks, which is great. Feedback depends on the examiners. Some of them are excellent, you might not agree with some but you definitely learn a lot from everyone. Most of them are always available for individual feedback.

They also have online course going on. So, if you fall ill, you just have to e-mail / call the office and they’ll send you the link to attend online if you can’t make it to the academy. It helped us a lot in the flu season😂

The building is quite spacious. You’ll always find a place to study/practise and if you’re lucky enough, probably the entire quiet, empty room.

They provide you with everthing that you might need to pass, rest is your own effort and dedication.