GCSF is used for treatment of?

A 28-year-old man has been newly diagnosed with pulmonary tuberculosis. He is due to start a 6-month course of quadruple drug therapy with rifampicin, isoniazid, pyrazinamide, and ethambutol. Which single pair of tests should be carried out prior to starting treatment?

A Audiometry + otoscopy
B INR + ultrasound scan of the liver
C Ishihara plates + Snellen chart tests
D Oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) + random venous blood glucose
E Peak ow+spirometry

A 22-year-old man has had a headache increasing in intensity over the past 48h. He has started to feel nauseous and rather drowsy.T 37.8°C, HR 100bpm, BP 125/70mmHg.When the junior doctor asks him to lift his head from the pillow, the man is seen to involuntarily lift both legs in the air. Which is the single most accurate explanation for this finding?

A Limb girdle weakness
B Meningeal irritation
C Muscle spasm
D Raised intracranial pressure
E Sciatic nerve inflammation

My preparation for IELTS.
As mentioned earlier, I prepared within approximately 3 and a half weeks.
Sources used for study : IELTs Advantage, IELTS Liz and Cambridge IELTS books 8 to 10.

Listening: I started by practicing this section. I didn’t have any difficulty in understanding the different accents. I watch a lot of English sitcoms. The main thing here is to not lose concentration as audio will be played only once. Pay close attention to numbers, dates and names. During the time given for reading the questions, use the time wisely and answer to the point.

Reading : I am a pretty fast reader. I finished all the passages within half an hour. Yes/No/ Not given questions can be tricky. Go back to the passage and read in context. Skim and scan.
I practiced from the Cambridge books.

Writing: IELTS Advantage helped me massively. There’s abundant info available on the site. Brainstorming isn’t a good idea for Task 2. Focus on 2 ideas and elaborate on them. Go through the site and all the sections under writing and practice with the real IELTs questions. Reporting data correcting and task achievement is a must to obtain the required score.

Speaking- I never prepared for this. I spoke spontaenously. Look the examiner in the eye with confidence and use simple language.

At the end, you should be confident of your preparation.

33 y/o man on warfarin for prosthetic heart valve presents with severe epistaxis. INR is 10, bp is 80/55 mmHg, pulse is 120bpm. Intracranial haemorrhage on CT scan. Most appropriate immediate management ?

A.Fresh frozen plasma
B. Prothrombin complex concentrate
C. Vitamin K administration
D. Cryoprecipitate

22 yo male, with no significant past medical history presents to his GP with several weeks of increased fatigue and decreased exercise tolerance. His skin and conjunctiva appear pale. Laboratory results are remarkable for Hgb 11.9 g/dl, MCV 79, MCHC 38% (normal 31.1-34%), and reticulocyte index 3.6%. Peripheral blood smear shows
lack central pallor and are smaller and rounder than normal red cells? Which of the following tests can be used to confirm this patient’s diagnosis?

1. Indirect antiglobulin (Coombs) test
  2. Direct antiglobulin (Coombs) test
  3. Serum homocysteine and methylmalonic acid levels
  4. Red blood cell osmotic fragility testing
  5. Hemoglobin electrophoresis

A 54yo man with alcohol dependence has tremor and sweating 3days into a hosp admission for
a fx femur. He is apprehensive and fearful. What is the single most appropriate tx?
a.Chlordiazepoxide
b.Lorazepam

A 66 year old man with insulin dependent diabetes with a treated potassium of 5.4mmol/l and palpitations develops pulseless ventricular tachycardia.the anaesthetic is supporting air way and breathing.which of the following is the next step in his management??
A.adrenaline 1 mg.
B.amiodarone 300 mg.
C.CPR 15:2 for 2 mints.
D.Defibrillation at 150 j biphasic.
E.praecordial thump.

A 52yo man with hx of ant MI 3 wks ago developed sudden onset of dyspnea.
Exam: BP=100/60mmHg, pulse=100bpm, SaO2=88%, chest=bilateral crackles.
Which inv would you do to find the underlying cause?
a. CXR
b. Echo
c. D-dimer
d. Radionucleotide lung scan
e. Troponin

GCSF is used for treatment of?
A.Refractory thrombocytopenia
B.Refractory Anemia
C.Febrile neutropenia
D.Chronic ITP

An 18 month old boy is brought to clinic.his mother states that she has noticed that he has had five to six watery motion daily and that she has seen pieces of undigested carrots and peas in the stool examination revealed a healthy child with weight on the 50 th centile and normal development. Abdominal examination is normal.what is the mostly dx??
A.coeliac disease.
B.cystic fibrosis.
C.lactose intolerance.
D.munchausen s syndrome.
E.toddler s diarrhea.

A 75yo man on digoxin develops weakness in the right upper and lower limbs which resolves within a few hours. What is the most definitive inv for this condition?
a. Carotid Doppler
b. Angiography
c. CT head
d. Digoxin level

Induction of labour is contraindicated in all the following except
A) Placenta praevia
B) Abnormal antenatal CTG
C) Cervical carcinoma
D) Fetal growth restriction
E) Transverse lie

8 wks baby boy is noted to be jaundiced. He’s breastfeeding well and gained 300 gms weight since birth. His stools are yellow and urine is pale straw coloured. What is the most likely diagnosis?

1. Galactosemia
  2. Biliary atresia
  3. G6PD def
  4. Breast milk jaundice
  5. Cong. Viral infection

A young girl who is known to have T1DM presented with drowsiness and deep breathing. Her sugar level=20.Her BP 120/80mmHg and her mucous membranes are dry. What would be the next appropriate step?
A.Serum urea
B.Blood culture
C.CT
D.HbA1C
E.ABG