Good luck to all the test takers in near future

My Step 2 CK experience,

Prep time: 6 months,

average 6 hrs per day for first 3 months, later on 8 hrs/ day.

Step 1 score: 251

Step 2 Ck score: 254

UWSA 2: 260 ( 10 days before exam)

UWSA 1: 252 ( 4 weeks before exam)

NBME 8: 235 ( 5 weeks before exam)

NBME 7: 231 ( 3 months before exam)

Resources:

1. UWorld: Single most useful resource if you do it right you do it need anything else. ( I didn’t do it right I feel)

2. Uworld notes: Very useful if you are lazy like me 😛. I think you can score better if you make your own notes, time consuming but definitely fruitful. The only thing I regretted in my last month was not making my personal notes.

Thats it, read FA for step 1 once during beginning of prep, I think if you are good with conceps you dont need to read it again. Can use it to review in between and fill the gaps.

Started 6 weeks after my step 1 exam, initial 3 months had hard time concentrating although finished Uworld once at 70% and read Uworld notes once but was not upto the mark in those 3 months.

Gave NMBE 7 got 231.

Started uworld 2 nd time on random mode finished at 82% it took 40 days, read uworld notes gave NBME 8 scored 235 was a bit disappointed. Took a break and gave UWSA 1 after few days scored 252, 4 weeks before exam. Revised Uworld notes 3 rd time. Gave UWSA 2 scored 260 and 91% on free 120 online. At this point I was confident of getting anything above 250. Next 10 days I did marked and wrong question around 800, reviewed the flowcharts. Had to drive to the centre (Ahmedabad, India) 2 days before as they use to do rapid antigen test at the highway exit. Relaxed 2 days after reaching Ahmedabad.

Exam day: Go with confidence on your exam day. As this is just an exam and nothing more. A good night sleep at least 8 hr recommended.

Question length: mid way between NMBE and Uworld.

Difficulty level: The questions matched uworld standards although few were very vague, information based.

I was pretty relaxed. Exam started at 7:30. Had to wear mask for the entire length of exam.

Took 8 mins break after every block had energy bar and plenty of water in the breaks.

The check in and out process was very smooth, was shortened due to covid. I was able to complete the blocks on time.

Overall the exam is doable if you are thorough with the concepts given in uworld, although there were a few vague questions in every block.

Completing the exam itself is a big achievement. Didn’t think of anything else except to chill after exam.

Result day:

Now the score reports are released 2 weeks after exam on Wednesday.

I was expecting anything above my step 1 score. And I am totally satisfied with the score.

Takeaway:

Overall satisfied with the score and happy about the fact, being done with USMLE exams.

Confidence and positive energy are the 2 very important things to have during the USMLE journey and also during the exam day itself. This score wont decide if you are a good physician or not but your hardwork, dedication and passion to contribute to the healthcare will.

Good luck to all the test takers in near future.