Has anyone had another injury occur in the middle of ACL recovery process?

Has anyone had another injury occur in the middle of ACL recovery process ? How did you continue ACL recovery while having another injury?

For example I’m 10 months post ACL surgery and I just broke my ankle on the same leg.

I had an elbow dislocation on the opposite arm from my torn leg. It was tough, but I had to heal my arm before my leg. I would suggest doing leg lifts, side leg raises, flexion rolls with a ball. You can still do a lot to keep your muscle movement up, just won’t be able to stand for a bit. Also talk to your doctor about aspirins as you won’t be able to force venous return and I would be worried about a blood clot.

I don’t know all the back story but if you’re 10 months post op you should be pretty close to fully recovered if you’ve had a good recovery. I would continue with exercises you’re able to do still, maybe leg lifts and things of that nature.

At 10 months PO from ACL surgery I had my appendix burst and 2 emergency surgeries. I was in and out of the hospital for a week and a half with complications, lost almost 15 pounds and a ton of muscle integrity. It set my recovery back as a result, but my knee doesn’t seem to be affected too much now (5 months later). It turns into a game of management. Do what you can manage for maintaining muscle mass, avoid anything risky, and pick up the intensity when you are able to again. Your leg will be weak regardless, so be extra careful until you can get strong again. Good Luck!