Hi guys. I hope this post will serve as an encouragement for people applying in NHS for the first time

Hi guys. I hope this post will serve as an encouragement for people applying in NHS for the first time.

I posted in August about not getting interview after 3 months and 200 applications and then a few days afterwards, I got my first interview call. The next week I got 2 more and during the next few weeks I had a total of 18 interviews coming back to back together. It was such a relief for me after being jobless at home for 3 months. I appeared in 10 and got accepted in 8 of them. The interviews were scattered throughout from north till south, dghs to rtcs.

So, my advice to people in same stage as I was is:

• Be very very very PATIENT, the whole PLAB and NHS is being very patient and polite

• NHS is severely short of doctors currently as well, so don’t panic at all

• Time to get a job depends on personal circumstances, a person with X years experience might get a job in 5 days, a person with NHS experience in 2 days, a person with just internship will take a bit of time as you are in bottom of their lists. But trust me you will be there.

• If you don’t have any experience just like me, the good thing would be to not take gaps in employment IF YOU CAN. Keep working even in small bits, if you are working currently and you apply in NHS, they will give you preference and you will get job sooner (happened with my friends)

• While applying for jobs, keep yourself busy to save yourself from negative thoughts, through work or studying for membership or local exams.

• Regarding applications, modify as per the trust, say a few nice things about the specialty and the city and the trust itself. Sell yourself.

• While I am writing this in end week of Nov, I got another interview offer from my August application. So this tells how much patience is required.

I got my COS within 5 days of pre-employment checks. Hope that will help you guys. And lastly, this group has been the most productive group ever regarding help and motivation. So keep sharing and helping each other. Keep applying and don’t give up. Thank you