How important are the palliative care questions?

How important are the palliative care questions?

It’s my worst section so far and almost everything is new to me (didn’t have it in depth in medical school). I need to sit down and do some crude memorization, but I don’t wanna waste time if barely any questions come from it. Does anyone know?

Imp…treat evry chapter imp…coz evry qn matters… u don’t need depth to understand it . just understand whts given .at the end of ur first read u probably won’t remember a single thing…takes 2-3 reads normally!..

They do ask question from it. Esp the palliative medicines to be given in last days. Pain ladder. DNR situations and pleural tap etc. Give it a read from plab1keys and then attempt plabable. You ll be fine.

Salaam please advise, for revision would you recommend doing only mcqs from plabable with their explainations or do it like first time,going through plabkeys/notes and then chapter mcqs from plabable. My exam is in May

Also,how many days are enough for the mocks at the end?

do the topic from ohcm first. then attempt the question and read ohcm specific for the subtopic tested. you will be very comfortable with the topic then.

Are you talking about palliative care specifically or this is a general tip? do I need to have all oxford handbooks and not just clinical medicine?

for palliative care specifically. Ohcm is enough no need to run after many sources you will waste time.

No harm looking at it for emergencies too and any topic thats tough.

It is important , many questions have been asked from this topic in February exam… yes it is tough at start but you will be fine with it after reading it again