How long did everyone wait to have a drink after surgery?

How long did everyone wait to have a drink after surgery?

I’m just taking aspirin & naproxen and tylenol as needed

As long as you’re not on narcotics, you should be able to drink. Never hurts to call your Dr. and double check though.

Pretty soon afterwards.

I was on a red wine kick since I was eating so much pork at the time

I waited until I was mostly off of the pain meds. It was a few weeks. Like, if I still needed a pain med every other day then no problem, but no drinks when I was taking them daily.

I had surgery Dec.9th. I remember I had a couple beers the next day, but that was my get well soon gift from bestie who’s the GM of a brewery soooo 🍻 and I know for sure 12 days later I was celebrating Baby Jesus on a mountaintop in Monterey Virginia with jello shots and Fireball, 1000 miles from home 🤣🎄 prob had a few drinks in between too, but I didn’t take very many pain pills after the first few days either. Not a good idea to mix those together!

I waited a while. Someone told me prior to surgery that booze turns your blood into poison when you’re healing. It causes inflammation which causes pain. I am nearly 7 months po and still notice the swelling when I drink.

Did not for months. It’s not recommended. Will worsen inflammation and doesn’t promote healing.

Had a PE post-op and was on medication for 90 days. Wasn’t doing alcohol on meds. So, probably a good 4-6 months.

As soon as I got home - LOL