I am in a very difficult situation kindly help, I was due to start my Fy2standalone post last year

Hi guys I am in a very difficult situation kindly help, I was due to start my Fy2standalone post last year but it got deferred for a year due to COVID and now because of certain unexpected circumstances i may need to withdraw from this post. I emailed UKFPO last year and they said withdrawing would have no effect on future applications but some of my friends working in NHS are saying that withdrawing at this stage can have a negative effect on future speciality training applications as fy2 standalone is a training post .This was supposed to be my first job in the NHS ,I have not been contacted by my trust yet and no COS has been issued nor have i made any application.
Would withdrawing at this stage have a detrimental effect on speciality training applications?

No effect on future training jobs as long as they withdraw well before the job starts. They will just have to find an alternate way to get their foundation competencies signed.

Try not to let people mislead them and worry them unnecessarily.

As above. Listen to the UKPFO and don’t listen to negative comments of friends and colleagues who haven’t been through this.

Given the pandemic and uncertainty with visas , it’s best to apply for a non training sho post.

Trusts and training recruitment teams completely understand our issues and as your friendvery sensibly contacted the UKPFO team, you can see there is nothing to worry about.

Message to your friends colleagues who are misguiding him/her :

Sometimes when you’re not sure or haven’t been through something, it is better to be honest with your colleague and say that you’re not sure and that they should contact the relevant teams and people like official recruitment teams who are incredibly helpful.

Staying quiet is better than misguiding a colleague.