I have been of late been feeling a lil nervous thinking about residency

Respected seniors…

As we all await counselling … I have been of late been feeling a lil nervous thinking about residency… I have been out of practice for nearly 3 years now n I feel at times scared if I will b able to handle the emergency cases which we will encounter during our pg… is it natural to feel so … do we all go through this feeling of “will I b able to handle “ ? Any suggestions to cope wit it better ? TIA.

I am 2k14 batch , Waiting for Counciling , I am working since 1 month in MICU, Intially I also Felt The Same But Once ur in into it U will definitely do well…In past 1 month I’m much more confident For My residency , Just be Mentally prepared once ur in to it U will Definitely do well

Don’t worry… Once u start working everything will fall into place

Hi… I used to feel the same, was away from clinics for almost 3yrs now, but since a week i started going for gp and then slowly everything fell into place… Did little homework on common diseases and their management, and it worked wonders, so dont worry… Everything will be fine

In PG first year, you are mostly working on spinal cord, use of cerebrum comes later…

Hey there…

There is nothing to worry about. Even if you are working in Emergency Room after all these years, you’ll have back-up & support of your seniors and consultants. They will also consider you. Nobody will give all the responsibility on your shoulder… you’ll have support and back-up.

But yes…keep in mind not all consultants are good. Some might be strict…some might be lenient, not only in your own department…even from other departments. Residents are very easy target after interns.

So don’t mind If anyone scolds you. Don’t go with preoccupied mind.

Residency is not that difficult or hard…

All the best