I just got my score report today and wanna give back to the group by sharing my experience

Hello guys, I just got my score report today and wanna give back to the group by sharing my experience.

step 1: 246 (March 29), prep time 3-4 mo.
step 2ck: 249 (July 22), prep time 6-7 wk, a month after taking step 1.

Background: I’m Ped Endo, IMG (grad year-2009, is that old? lol), now got funding to do the research in the US. I have to work everyday, full time. Therefore, I had limited time to study per day (3-4 hr)

I know my score is not that high (esp. for ck but I’m satified and it suits for how much time I spent for this step). And my goal is Ped residency which is not require a high score. So, just want to say that first set your goal then follow it and spend time on it properly (if you want to be a surgeon, you exactly need a high score and spend much more time).

For 2 ck, I found that MTB is not that good. I read only 1 chapter and it’s too many redundant words with a little knowledge core. I wanted to finish ck ASAP as I can at that time (b/c I have more and more research works to do), so, MTB is not good for me. Then, I read uworld note (2 times) and 2-3 chapters of First Aid 2ck (that I really like it!).
I did only UW SA form 1 at the beginning of my prep and got 230.

Test date, I was almost late because of the traffic on the highway and so excited before the exam. During the test, I was overwhemed by the long vignette and could not finish 3-5 questions in every blocks and just chose A or B for them :disappointed: and felt really bad right after the test.

I did not do Uworld/nmbe or cssa exam so I don’t know how close they are to the real exam. But I do know one thing that your basic knowledge in the medical school is the most important.

Ok, That’s all.
Please feel free to ask me. I would answer if I have time.

Thanks the group again.