I’m new here, and I have a few questions I’m hoping y’all can help me with

I’m new here, and I have a few questions I’m hoping y’all can help me with.
So on 12/27, I was hunting with my husband and went to cross a barbed wire fence I had already crossed one time that day. When I went to step over it the second time, as I stepped off with my right foot, my left knee completely buckled on me and I heard this awful tearing noise and two loud POPS. I went to put that foot back down and I heard two more loud POPS. I immediately got over the fence and sat down. I knew I had done something bad, I just didn’t know how bad or what.
Last Friday, I went to have an MRI done and the Dr told me that I tore my ACL and that I needed surgery to fix it. He said he would “ take something “ from above my knee to create a new ACL.
There are several things going through my mind at this point… I am “ getting by “ hobbling along right now and I’m trying to take it easy until I have my surgery. The first opportunity I will have to actually have surgery will be in April. My Dr has suggested that I start PT before my surgery. The place I will go for it is not even 5 minutes up the road. Should it be okay to wait until April to have the surgery and if I start going to PT starting this week until April… that will help a lot, right? Any other tips/suggestions are greatly appreciated. I’m honestly scared to death and I’m terrified of needles.