I managed to get through to the number on the letter for my physio appointment this morning

I managed to get through to the number on the letter for my physio appointment this morning. They didn’t realise that my surgery was nearly three weeks ago, as they only had the referral last week - they normally get referrals the day after surgery!

She got a physio to video call me, which she did an hour later. It turns out that the physio in the hospital who gave me the exercises to do at home didn’t give me enough exercises, and one of the exercises is a complete no no at my stage!!!

Because of this, she estimates that my recovery has been put back by at least 2 weeks!! And my bend isn’t where it should be at this stage - especially as I didn’t have to have any time nwb!

She is sending me a new list of exercises straight away and will call me again on the originally arranged appointment.

It’s a good job I called them to chase them up, or I could have been doing the wrong things for another 3 weeks before I found out!! 😡

How long did people wait for physio after surgery? I’m in the UK and am already aware things are different to other places, especially the US.

I saw a physio the next day (overnight stay) who gave me some exercises to do at home “to start with”.

Just had a letter for an appointment on 6th Jan - 6 weeks after surgery. And it’s only a phone call!!

Is this normal? Thought I’d be getting more support than this?!