I received my score recently and I’m devastated. It’s 224

Hello guys. I’m a 6year med student, IMG. I received my score recently and I’m devastated. It’s 224. I didn’t expect it to be so low. I put great effort on step 1 and now I have to find out what went so wrong.

My resources were:

First Aid 2018 with notes from Kaplan, pathoma and uworld. I also read FA 2020 for highlighting the extras 2mo before the exam.

Anatomy- Kaplan notes& videos 2014 + anatomy shelf notes + Dorian’s deck

Biochemistry- Dr Turco videos + zanki cards

Immunology- BnB videos +zanki cards

Micro- scetchy micro videos only

Pathology- Pathoma

Pharmacology- Kaplan notes&videos 2014

Biostatistics- Dr Ryan YouTube videos

Ethics- 100 cases by Conrad Fischer

Physiology- BRS (board review series) by Linda Constanzo + physiology videos from

I did also usmlerx qbank to get familiar with this test and I got 67% ~ 1year before my final exam.

Then, I started uworld. 1st round: 67,2% 2nd round (only the marked ones and the wrongs):

77%

I also used anki 3mo before the test only at the subjects I didn’t feel safe (biochem, immuno, renal, respiratory, psychiatry) + Dorian’s deck for anatomy.

UWSA1: 249 (1 week before)

UWSA2: 258 (1 week before)

NBME 15: 232 I think 😜 (26 wrongs) (5 days before)

Free 120: block 1 80%, block 2 83%, block 3 85%

First 3 chapters of pathoma videos 2 days before exam.

I was somehow confident.

In the real exam, I screwed in biostatistics & immunology. I regret not putting more effort there. But overall, I found it doable and I thought I did ok.

I also regret not doing more NBMEs.

My question to everyone in this group is your advice on what to do next. I really wanted to pursue pediatrics but I don’t know realistically if I have the chances based on this score.

Should I do some research (that’s what I’m planning to do so) and continue to step 2? I know score isn’t everything but I really want to hear others experiences.

Thank you in advance