- In Pre-voiding study, is saw color twinkle with no detectable stone.
But color twinkle is sensitive, i followed it.
- In post-voiding study, nearly same finding seen on TS view.
But in LS view the stone is finally revealed.
___How to improve visualization of such distal ureteric stone:-
- Partial filling of U.B is better than over filling, allowing more transducer pressure comfortably.
- Use LS oblique view along the expected course of distal ureter.
- Zoom the image and lower the gain.
- Adjust the focus to distal ureter.
- Increase the frequency to increase the resolution.
In ours case >> Distal right ureteric stone causing low grade / partial obstruction.
-Color Twinkle artifact-