In this experience, I will try to give you a proposed study plan for step1

In this experience, I will try to give you a proposed study plan for step1. It is mostly targeting beginners and those who did not do step2 CK before. (Note: this plan may or may Not work for you because each individual is different, but you may get a general idea and benefit from the links attached). From my experience, even if your level was ZERO in subjects like biochemistry, micro, pharm, I suppose this plan will help you get 240+ in the exam if you studied the right way, understood what you are studying, and loved what you are doing. It may take from 8 months-1 year to prepare.
So, the first question anyone may ask when starting the preparation is: What resources should I use? From where to get them? Will they be enough? Actually, there are many resources to study from. But here, I will tell you the ones that worked for me and a proposed plan of how you may study:

1. The first thing I recommend you to do is to watch Pathoma videos, you may also follow up with pathoma book along with it if you like (I provided the links). This will cover up the pathology section which is about 60-70% of the exam. Dr. Sattar in the videos will give you confidence that the content of this exam is actually understandable and it is fun to learn pathology!
  2. Then, you should get a First Aid book (The bible!).
  3. After that, download Boards and beyond videos (I also shared the link), and start watching boards and beyond videos for each section in the first aid book while referring to the same section in the book. This will be your first read of FA book (try to understand and have a general idea about the topics). The videos are meant to help you understand what is written in FA book, because it is a very condensed book and it is mostly brief notes about the subjects.
  4. After you finish the B&B videos along with your first read of FA, now you can watch Dr.Sam Turco’s Kaplan videos for Biochemistry and genetics (If you feel weak in this subject, he will give you confidence). I also provided a special link for this.
  5. Then, It is time to buy a UWorld subscription online ( I recommend for 1 year if possible-you may sell the remaining months later on if you want), Here is where studying actually begins!!!
  6. Start solving UW questions subject-wise, you may start with biochemistry since u recently watched its Kaplan videos. How to annotate? I didnt know how to annotate at the beginning! It’s normal. Simply write on a sticky note on the corresponding pages of FA what u think is important and wasn’t mentioned in FA book, OR you can just write the “Educational objective” of each question on a sticky note, it is a sentence at the end of each question’s explanation that summarizes the idea of that question in UW.
  7. After biochemistry, you may do immunology UW questions. ( If you feel weak in this subject, you may rewatch B&B for it or you can also rewatch the first 3 chapter of pathoma book, they help in this), Along with FA ,that is more than enough for immunology.
  8. After that, you may start watching sketchy Micro videos (THESE ARE AMAZING! They worked for me and I can’t emphasize enough how amazing they are). Try to print the pdf for the sketchy pictures (also provided in the link), so that u can revise from the pdf instead of watching the videos again later on. Then you may do all UW questions about micro and you can even annotate on sketchy pdf itself if u printed it or got an already printed version.
  9. Then you may do UW biostatistics, again if u feel weak in this subject u may retwatch B&B videos and you can also do the UWorld rapid review for biostatistics (Also attached).
  10. Now, you may start doing the UW questions for each System (like cardio, endocrine,renal…etc). Before doing each system u may read the section corresponding to it from FA fastly or you may re-watch B&B videos before solving each system to refresh your memory. Ofocurse, with annotation of FA book! This will be your second read of FA. It might take around 3 months if u did 1 block UW per day and some days will be for refreshing each subject. Don’t panic!
  11. For pharmacology, FA is enough for the drugs. You may re-do pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics from B&B. Also note that you may do some videos of sketchy pharmacology for the drugs you are having a difficulty in memorizing in every system. Some sketchy pharm videos are very long so I don’t recommend all of them, just do for the drugs in FA that you have a trouble in remembering ( I recommend All antibiotics, antivirals, antifungals, anti-cancer drugs, warfarin, heparin, thrombolytics, Antipsychotics, antidepressants, anti-epileptics, opioids, Parkinsons). These were amazing for me too (attached them).
  12. Note, if you feel weak in Neuroanatomy, you may also watch Dr.white neuroanatomy videos from Kaplan (he explains in so many details), or u can just watch neuroanatomy from B&B.
  13. After finishing all systems from UW, you may now do Ethics. You may read corad Fishard book and solve the 100 cases provided ( It is good to read and understand it one time). Then do the Ethics questions from UW. If you still feel weak, you may try solving the questions in BRS behavioral science book at the end of each chapter (attached -optional).
  14. Now, after you finish annotating, your first aid book became ready! You may start you 3rd read of FA (Now with memorization). Note: You may find a study partner to study with in this repeat, the right study partner gives you motivation and makes you stick to the plan to finish this book in a certain amount of time (ex; one month). You can also use 100 concepts slides for anatomy (attached). You can also repeat pathoma videos or do the book along with it if you want.
  15. After that, start your second round of UW, this time random and timed mode. You may divide the day in half (if you have full days), and do UW questions in the morning, then some pages of FA in the evening. This will be your fourth pass of FA and your second pass of UW.
  16. Then you will try to consolidate your information and do a fifth round of FA book. You may redo sketchy pdf as needed. You may do UWAS1 and NBME questions with this round as practice tests.
  17. Do UWAS2 and see where you are, along with nbme18 , if you score good enough in these test then you are ready for your exam. (Note: some NBMEs may differ 15 points from each other so I don’t really recommend all nmbe’s for the exact prediction, check my NBME marks in the next page).
  18. You may work on your weak areas and book a date (you can book a date with prometric whenever you want).
  19. Try to sit for 8 hours and mimic the exam experience (To mimic the exam: I recommend starting with the first 3 blocks of free 120 questions u will find on ECFMG website itself), then you may do 4 block of UWAS2 back to back. Watch the tutorial from before so that u can skip it on the exam day.
  20. The day before the exam: You may revise UW rapid review at the end of FA book ( It may take 3-5 hours). Try to stop studying early. Like by 4 pm. Then prepare yourself for the next day and just try to relax. (you may watch a movie or sit with family).
  21. Exam day: Try to get with you the things that you know will boost your energy in the exam and keep you awake. For example: get your coffee with you, chocolate, protein bars, eat eggs in the morning, cheese, bring apples splices and bananas if u like. You may get lunch with you like chicken sandwich or something.
  22. Skip the tutorial (15 min will be added to your break time). I had breaks like 5,5,5,15,15,15. You may also keep 2 minutes in each break for security check before u re-enter the test room.
  23. Good Luck! Many people have done it, you can also do it! 
    Note that there are many ways for studying for the step. Some people may prefer to read first aid book 1 or 2 times only and use the other time in solving other Qbanks like Kaplan Qbank, Rx Qbank, Amboss…etc. But in my experience, I used only UW. You may read multiple experiences and choose what works for you 

NBMEs:
Important: My exam was supposed to be in March 16 (Got a call that it is cancelled on March 15 due to COVID-19. Very frustrating!). I ended up taking it on June 16, 2020. From my point of view: extra time does Not = extra points. Whenever you reach the peak, you should go for it before you start declining from your peak of knowledge. Never lose hope. GOOD LUCK!
NBME 21 (230 in Nov. 2019)- 7 months out
NBME 22( 246 in Feb. 2020)- 4 months
NBME 20 (242 in Feb. 2020)- 4 month
UWAS2 (262 on March 12 )- 3 months
NBME 18 (255 on March 12)- 3 months
Free 120: 87% 3 months out
COVID-19 BREAK (some revisions to stay on my peak level)____
NBME 13 (242 in June,2020)- 2 weeks out
NBME 15 (255 in June)- 10 days out
NBME 17 (257 in June)- 9 days
NBME 16 (250 in june)- 8 days
Free 120 again : 93% in june- 7 days out