It is one of the worst moment in your life that you can come through

Failing PLAB 2 exam.

It is one of the worst moment in your life that you can come through, but don’t be discouraged, it happens. I came across this awful experience and I want to share it with you.

Once I saw my result on the GMC website, I had blurred vision and I didn’t realize what is going on. I had been in this agony for almost one week.

However, I recuperated again and I didn’t throw in the towel, I started to check my result sheet again and I went through the stations that I didn’t score high on.

Then, I started my intriguing journey with this exam, I wrote a post on Facebook to find a partner to practice with. Surprisingly, I found many people in the same situation as me and they missed it marginally, and I found myself being bombarded by messages from everywhere asking me to practice. I realized that my problem is fixable but I need to work on it, I studied with different people from different academies, Sampson, Hamed and Swamy. Indeed, it was very beneficial because we were very committed and we didn’t miss a single day without practice. We revised almost 400 stations, in which I added the missed 150 stations of Aspire’s academy notes to my notes.

One month prior to my exam, I updated my approach as I knew that practising in person will make some difference, therefore I asked my friend to come to my home to practice examination and the new stations. We studied almost 9 hours daily with dedication.

A week before my exam, I flew to the UK and I was more than prepared to take the exam. In the UK, we were a group of repeaters, who have experience and took the exam before, and we discussed all the stations verbally. These discussions were very fruitful and added more to my knowledge. Two days prior to my exam, I travelled to Manchester, and I was relaxed and I took the exam with confidence and I PASSED with a decent score.

So again failing this exam is not the end of the world. You didn’t reach this stage to quit. Remember the struggle days with IELTS and how many sleepless nights you had during your medical study, and this definitely will push you forward. And remember it is only one exam separate you from achieving your dream and to be a doctor in the UK.