Matched into Pediatrics!

Matched into Pediatrics!
1st Cycle
YOG 2017
Visa requiring IMG
Step 1: 221
Step 2CK: 233
Step 2CS: passed

USCE: 6 months(3 months documented in the CV during application)
1)Cook county hospital, Chicago (Peds-ID elective)- 4 weeks
2)Mount Sinai Beth Israel, NYC (IM- ID elective)- 4 weeks
3)Pediatric Outpatient clinic (observership through medclerkships) - 4 weeks
4)Cohen children’s medical Centre, NYC (Peds -Neurology observership) - 12 weeks

Work experience:
1 year of mandatory internship
13 months as assistant physician in an outpatient setting(home country)

Volunteer experience -documented 9 experiences in my CV.

Publications- 5 oral presentations.

I applied extensively to nearly 130 pediatric programs. I received 3 interview invites, all categorical programs.

This group has been really helpful with the entire residency application process and interviews. But over and above everything, it has been a constant source of motivation and positivity. One too many times I found myself feeling anxious, stressed out, low on confidence and filled with self doubt. With just 3 interviews and average scores, I wasn’t sure about matching at all. When I looked at my CV and PS after applying, I realized I should’ve given it more time and done a better job on it. Maybe that would’ve helped with getting more interview invites. But, I can finally say that all you really need is 1 INTERVIEW. Do not lose hope with the number of interviews you have, focus on the ones that you have and nail them. Be yourself, be genuine and you will shine through. We’ve all come a long way, and one way or the other we will be where we want to be, doing exactly what we’re meant to do!
I would be happy to share my journey and help whoever needs any sort of guidance. Feel free to reach out to me!
Congratulations to everyone who matched and Good luck to all the future applicants!!