My 6 week post op appointment with the surgeon

Had my 6 week post op appointment with the surgeon, left ACL hamstring graft repair and medial meniscus tear. Didn’t go as great of an appointment than I thought it would be. I’m more annoyed that my Pt therapy is really hard to get in for appointments and barley seeing the therapist once a week and it should be twice a week. (They are booked solid) Anyways, feel like I’m at the point with more downs than ups. Haven’t been able to get the knee bent to 90 degrees or able to sit in a chair with it bent for more than 10 minutes and the swelling has increased. Need some advice or your experience at the 6 week mark. I’m second guessing my decision to have had this surgery. ☹️

More important than getting to 90 degrees is to get the straightened knee to 180 degrees… The sooner the better and everything else will follow

I’ve got the straight leg just fine with some hypertension to -10 ish.

Then relax. That is great. Eventually your swelling will go away and your strength will return. Just keep moving and exercising the knee, then icing… Ice all the time when you are not exercising. Repeat and wait 6 months…

sometimes I just need to hear it from someone else. No one in my family understands what I’m going through, so it feels like I’m doing this all alone and want to give up. Thank you for support