My trip to Pakistan finished today and I have come back to London to start teaching a new batch

My trip to Pakistan finished today and I have come back to London to start teaching a new batch.

It was not the first time I was in Pakistan and I had a great experience again. I enjoyed myself a lot.

I had the honour to present a NHS orientation course seminar in Rawalpindi Medical University, Peshawer Medical College and Allama Iqbal Medical College. I had the pleasure to meet wonderful, knowledgeable and passionate doctors from different cities of Pakistan.

This time I had the chance to visit the beautiful twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad where I had the first ever ’ Anday wala burger’ and ’ Chicken Handi’. The ancient and historical city of Peshawer with amazing meat dishes like the ‘Chappli Kebab’ and ‘Peshawari Qehva’ from Rambel and ‘Dumba Karahai’ from Charsi Tikka (Namak Mandi). Then I came to the lively city of Lahore where I was introduced to the first ‘Pan’ in my life. Visiting the final resting place of Iqbal was a life long dream of mine which was fulfilled during this visit. The ‘Desi chicken’ from Butt Karahai was phenomenal. I enjoyed the delicious breakfast of Nihari and Paye. ofcourse the ‘doodh patti’ in between meals was the cherry on top.

I was humbled by the affection, hospitality and respect that I received from every city of Pakistan. I have always enjoyed the Pakistani culture and have cherished my time in Pakistan. I feel like Pakistan is also my home country.

Thank you to every one who attended the seminar, help me arrange the seminar, came to meet me, called me and invited me to their homes.

Thanks to Rawalpindi Medical University,
Peshawer Medical College and Allama Iqbal medical College for having me.

A special thanks to Dr Salman who was with me during this trip and Dr Uzma for her countless efforts to help us prepare for the seminar.

And last but not least Dr Elmira for being with me through thick and thin from the beginning .Without her the seminar would not have been possible. I’m always grateful to her .

I am looking forward to visiting your lovely country again.