My Vision for Sengupta’s Research Academy

Sengupta’s Research Academy is the first of its kind web-portal that will teach how to do research via its e-learning portal as well as provide services to boost your research capabilities. We are offering a series of online lectures that vary from 10 – 15 minutes each and are packed with information in a very lucid way. By offering knowledge and providing services, I aspire to fulfil my vision of encouraging medical research in India. My vision for the research academy is as follows:

Promote Medical Research in India
Currently, India harbours some of the best medical professionals and brightest minds. We are a very well trained lot and are second to none as far as patient care is concerned. We are equipped with the best diagnostic and therapeutic equipment and manage disease as well as anyone. However, we still follow practice patterns established abroad. Despite having a lot of patients and disease, we lack the research skills to innovate and establish our own practice norms. Using the Sengupta’s research academy platform, I hope to motivate you and instil the knowledge required for you to do good clinical research.
Collaborative platform
In India, we lack collaboration between institutes as well as between private practitioners as far as research activities are concerned. Using the research academy platform I wish to increase collaboration between interested clinicians with a common goal. We can perform collaborative research by contributing patients for a particular study. I intend to put up interesting research topics on the website and invite interested clinicians to contribute cases. Additionally, I aspire to integrate research interests of my American collaborators with good clinicians in India who are well trained and are committed to generating good data.
Grants and Funding
As part of promoting research activities, Sengupta’s research academy will try and create grants going forwards. Grants will be in the form of “travel grants” for students and fellows in training to go and attend international conferences. I also wish to create grants that a researcher can use to plan and execute his study. However, these endeavours will take significant time to establish. Please watch out for updates regarding these.