Plab 2 Experience: I cleared my Plab 2 exam in first attempt today

Plab 2 Experience:
I cleared my Plab 2 exam in first attempt today…

Academy:
I think this is the biggest bone of contention when it comes to Plab 2. I didn’t have any first-hand guidance regarding it, and totally relied on facebook reviews of different academies. I went for common stations, and it proved to be the best choice for me.( My colleagues have passed/ failed from the other academies as well, so there is no point in comparison).
Pros:
I went to the academy like a clean-slate, didn’t even know the pattern of exam, and within 15 days Dr Hamed prepared me to take the exam head-on.
He will teach you himself throughout the course,and he does pay individual attention to every student. He will remember all the names by second day, and he makes sure to involve every single student.
The notes are upto-date ,and cover almost every single GMC station. So you can be confident that you have gone through each station ,before you encounter them in the actual exam.
Cons:
The classes are really long, spanning an average of 12 hrs/day, with only one lunch break. But you can eat and drink as you wish , and even go outside class without any repercussions :wink: It can be a bit over-whelming but it’s only for 15 days…
Make sure to listen and understand every word that he says. Some of us made the mistake of practicing the script, and that was disastrous. Just use the script to get a basic idea, reading it twice at-most, and then practice like you are seeing a patient in the clinic… Otherwise it is very easy to mess up in the actual exam, as the simulators are not following the scripts.
There are 2 mocks which are way harder than the actual exam, so it is actually benficial in making sure that you are well-prepared.

For examination and mannequin stations, Dr Ankur Garg’s videos on YouTube were very helpful. Try to watch them atlesast 5-6 times, and then you can easily prepare examination+mannequin stations in 2 days.

Plab 2 is a really tricky exam, and most probably you won’t be sure how you did when you leave the exam center,.There are too many factors in play, and the only thing you can do ,is make sure that you are well-prepared.
You need atleast 4-6 weeks after academy for practice, as total number of stations has reached ~300…

Accommodation:
I didn’t have any relatives in UK, and I was really apprehensive about the accommodation. I stayed with Rabia Malik. I contacted her through Facebook.She is currently working in NHS, and she proved to be the best landlady and mentor… I get homesick easily, but staying with her, It didn’t even feel like I was away from home.
I booked Travelodge Manchester for stay before exam. It is a bit expensive, but really comfortable and close to GMC building.
Make sure to book the travelodge and train to Manchester at least a month in advance to save money.
Best of luck for your Plab journey.