Please note, it was my very first attempt and I had no IELTS experience or idea

Recently, many of my friends are asking for OET preparation advice, hence why I am writing my personal OET experience in order to help them out.
Please note, it was my very first attempt and I had no IELTS experience or idea.
OET has 4 modules
1)Speaking 2)reading
3)listening 4)writing
SPEAKING:
For speaking you only need to practice from OET speaking cards (available in every FB group). Try to practice 2 cards daily with your colleagues/friends/family.
Remember, no one has ever failed in OET speaking because of pronunciation or accent. They just fail because of not completing their tasks. So try to finish all your speaking tasks within 5 minutes. In case you finish them earlier then repeat your allocated task by saying “let me explain this for you in detail “.
Overall it’s a very easy module.

READING:
It’s a bit difficult for some candidates but you can pass very easily by managing the time. It has 3 parts A,B and C.
You need to get full marks in part A to ensure your B grade .
Tip: solve question 8-20 first and you will automatically know the answers of first 7 questions.
In part B and C, apply excluding formula and you’ll get two options to choose at the end , choose one which is more relevant to the question.
Please remember, do not practice random reading tests, it’s just time wasting and results will discourage your preparations. You should practice official OET reading tests , E2 reading tests and kaplan reading tests (all are available for free in groups).
“Quality over quantity”
LISTENING:
OET made it much easier for health professionals because they know we are not always good with spellings​:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:.
It also has 3 parts. You need to get maximum marks in first part because they will not cut your marks if you write a readable answer with wrong spellings.
Again , apply excluding formula on part 2 and 3.
Tips: you need to practice this module from OET official website , they have 5 tests. After that try to solve E2 listening material available. There is one channel on YouTube called “GALAXY OET something🥴” they have 10–12 listening tests those are enough.
Please remember , don’t practice any unofficial academy tests , why? Because most of them have one or two persons to speak in all tests so you will not have any extra exposure to multiple English accents.
You don’t know that in exam you will get British , Irish , American or Australian accent or all of them in different parts.
If you are not getting 30/42 marks in your practice sessions then you can practice listening modules of ielts Cambridge book series as well (only Cambridge).
Tip: download “BBC radio app” in your phone they have multiple channels of different cities of UK. Listen any program whenever you have time and try to understand the idea or meaning , it will boost your marks in part B and C.
WRITING:
This part is most important because I saw many doctors and nurses failing this module.
First thing to keep in your mind about OET writing : dear friends it’s not ielts where you get more marks for writing more words . You need to finish your letter within 200 words , so please write to the point and relevant information only.
Secondly , you can practice other three modules on your own but always get professional evaluation for writing.
Only 20% students pass writing exam without professional evaluation so when you are paying almost 600 dollars for exam then it’s much better to invest some money on evaluation rather than appearing in your exam one more time.
Tips :
1)write your letters on paper with led pencils because that’s how you’re gonna write in real exam.
2)do not repeat the same information in your letter.
3)take extra care of your grammar and correct your mistakes after evaluation in next letter.
4)once you are familiar with letter requirement then write your letters within time limit.
5) atleast write 30 good letters before your exam excluding first few letters which we write for knowing about OET .
6) write simple but in professional way.
Letter Evaluation/correction advice :
I tried many known correction services as a trial but didn’t find them useful.
Reasons:
-they have too many customers so they don’t give individual feedback.
-some of them send our letters to old OET candidates , and they evaluate your letter according to their specific writing style.
-they usually give your corrected letter after 3-5 days , so after 5 days it’s hard to recall what you wrote :laughing:… then when you correct those mistakes it will take a few more days to get results. So in total it will take 8-10 days for only two useful letters.
My personal advice:
after checking many services I found one UK based teacher called “EMILY” and found her most helpful.
Reasons:
-her prices are cheaper than all other services.
-she only accepts 10 students per sitting.
-she returns your marked letter within 24 hours , so you can correct all your mistakes in the very next letter.
-she will give you Individual feedback.

• I recommended her service to my 6 close friends so far , all of them cleared their exams in first attempt and now preparing for plab.
    I am attaching her WhatsApp number here because many friends were asking
    0044 7570 023487
    Emily (OET writing tutor)
    I would love to help anyone , who needs any type of help regarding OET. You can contact on my Facebook id : Hafiz Talha
    “Please remember me in your prayers” .
    Regards :
    Dr. Talha