ACS-RAS International Exchange Scholarship 2017 Essay Contest!
Dear valued ACS-RAS Resident Members:
We are excited to announce the continuation of our International Exchange Scholarship Program for 2017! We are continuing our partnership to Italy, Ireland, and Australia.
If you are interested in this unique and wonderful opportunity, please submit the following:
- An essay on your ideas on Ways to disseminate surgical knowledge on a global scale. Please describe how the information may be distributed and the importance of sharing surgical knowledge. Please keep the essay to a 500 word maximum.
The field of surgery is constantly changing with new studies, techniques, and innovations that are helping surgeons improve the delivery of surgical care around the world. Although there are respective societies, associations, and annual conferences to present new research and hold discussions, there seems to still be a gap in knowledge between institutions across the different regions of the country and around the world. Standard of care should be universal. Journal publications and news articles can help facilitate disseminating surgical information, but not every surgeon will be reached. Please describe what you believe are the barriers and challenges to disseminating surgical knowledge on a global scale and what is your ideal solution.
- An executive CV of 2 pages or less.
- In the body of your application email, please include:
- Your name
- Your PGY-level, if applicable
- Your institution’s name and location
- The location (one) you wish to travel to.
Italy (September), Ireland (November), Australia (May)Note: You must be a resident or associate fellow member of the American College of Surgeons in order to apply.
Please e-mail your application to [email protected].
Deadline for the submission is Nov. 30, 2016.
Grading: Essay’s will be graded on: