SPECIAL 146 Round - Queries

SPECIAL 146 Round - Queries

Disclaimer: Keep looking at updates on this message before you lock or finalize choices. We dont know many rules, no clarity. Intent is to clarify in the absence of any intimation. Ignore if you wish to go only by MCC notifications.

If you are seeing this as a forward message in any group other than NEET PG Stats group, this message may not be the updated one and so suggest to ignore this

MCC has not notified any rules yet on Special round. In the absence of any rule, some of the queries only have logical responses. There is a risk of responding - one can go wrong. But if you wish to take a call before MCC clarifies / if MCC does not respond at all, you have an option to go with the below responses if these look logical

Queries

1. I was allotted in AI mop up(that was canceled). I wish to participate in fresh mop up again. I do not wish to opt for any of these 146 seats. Should I still participate in this special round ? (or)

2. Is it mandatory to participate in this special round for being eligible for FRESH mop up? (or)

3. I logged in & provided consent. Now I only see choices that I dont want. Is it mandatory to fill choices in special round to be eligible for FRESH mop up eligibility?

Cannot be mandatory. Without participating in Special round, one should be able to participate in FRESH mop up. Not attending special round does not change fresh mop up eligibility.

1. I was not allotted any seat till now in any round (or) I did not join any round 2 seat. If I participate and fill choice in special round and if I am not allotted, will I be eligible for fresh mop up?

Yes.

1. I qualified through revised cut off in mop up round. System is allowing me to login and fill choices. I am interested in these seats. Can I participate?

Yes you can participate as long as system allows you to participate. You will get a seat only if higher rankers who were earlier eligible don’t opt for that. No disadvantage for anyone. So if you are able to login, fill choices.

1. I do not hold a seat now. If I get a seat in Special round should I join?

Fill only choices that you will for sure join. Without clarity, assume that if you get this seat, you would have to join and would lose eligibility for other counselings. If no rules are specified this may be the rule anytime. Again no notification, but already candidate representations are on to implement this. Dont risk further participation by filling casual choices.

1. I did not opt for upgradation after joining AI R1 seat. Can I participate in Special round?

Check logging in to the portal. Candidates who tried (who Did not opt for upgradation after joining AI r1 seat) - such candidates are not able to login. But still check once or call MCC.

😎 Who are eligible for Special round - 146 seats?

All MCC registered candidates

a) Ai round 2 / state round 2 joined candidates

b) AI round 2 allotted and not joined candidates

c) AI round 2 not allotted candidates

d) AI Round 1 joined candidates who retained AI R2 seats (check logging in)

d) If you are able to login and see consent form you can participate. (All candidates basically as SC has removed all limitations of seat holding)

Except that AI R1 joined and did not opt for upgradation are not able to login now

(This eligibility mentioned under 8 is only for Special round for 146 seats)

1. Why are lesser choices shown (not 146)?

For each choice there may be more than one seat available. And only your eligible category choices are shown. So the choices would be somewhere between 48 to 88 for those above 50 percentile. Would be obviously less than 146. For example there are 4 CIP Ranchi MD Psychiatry GEN category seats, and 3 other category MD Psychiatry seats but it will be only one choice in your choice list.