Thought I'd introduce myself since I just joined. Very grateful to be part of this group!

Hi there, Thought I’d introduce myself since I just joined. Very grateful to be part of this group!

I’ve had 4 surgeries on the same knee (1 ACL reconstruction, 2 revisions & 1 bone graft). Also tore my MCL w/ original injury in 2011. It’s been quite a journey, leg is still prone to atrophe if I don’t do my physical therapy 3-4x / week. Difficult to manage this as a student, but I’m recommitting today to keep track of my PT and always prioritize it! Hopefully posting this commitment in the group will inspire accountability within myself. I will post again on Feb 26th to share my progress (hoping for less pain, more strength, and more confidence/trust in my left leg 🙂 ). Feb 26th is the 11th anniversary of my very first ACL injury.

Thank you all for being here. Stay strong and be patient with the physical and emotional aspects of this journey. You got this. I got this. We got this.

Looking forward to seeing your progress to keep me motivated as well! I’m 17 months post op, but dealing with other foot issues that stopped / slowed my physical therapy. Hoping to get back on track in February. I like your positivity!!

I’m 10 days post-op so I love to hear how others are doing and what there is to look forward to.