Usmle step 1 experience from Pakistan

Hello my name is Dr Ayesha. In this blog I am going to tell you how I scored 263 in my usmle step 1 exam. I am a graduate of **** college Islamabad. I gave my step 1 in the end of my 4 year. I prepared for step 1 for 8 months.

Step 1 fee and examination center :

The fee of step 1 is 620$ and I gave my step 1 in Islamabad, Pakistan.

Guidance from seniors:

When I was In my college, many of my seniors passed their their step 1 with excellent score. My dream was to go to USA and now I am in USA. I attended alot of seminars regarding usmle and all of that stuff.

Alot of my seniors got a match in their desired specialities and they guided me even more better. I was very confident to give step 1.

Preparation material:

1: first aid

2: pathology by Goljan

3: Uworld (6 months)

4: kaplan notes

5: high yield embryology

6: rapid view biochemistry

7: NBME

I used to study for 6 hours a day for my step 1. It is not that much easy to study all the time as I am a girl I have some responsibilities as well.
But if you work hard you will definitely chase your target. I didn’t cramed. I just cleared my concepts. My friends also scored 260+ we used to study in a group. Usmle step 1 is a difficult exam as compared to plab. I will upload my step 2ck experience soon. Stay in touch with my blog thank you.
Regards
Dr Ayesha.
MD
John Hopkins