What is the most appropriate immediate treatment of this patient?

4 year old lady presents with epigastric pain 8 hrs after cesarean section.what is the most appropriate investigaiton??
a.ABG
b.Coagulation profile
c.Liver enzymes
d.Liver biopsy

A 43 year old cashier visits her physician with a complaint of severe pain for 3 months and a new onset of itching in her right leg. Examination reveals multiple varicosities on the medial side the right thigh and leg and an erythematous patch on the medial side of the knee.
What is the most common precipitating factor for this condition?
A-Prolonged standing
B-Prolonged exposure to the sun
C-Excessive sweating
D-Alcohol intake
E- Strenuous exercise

On my ninth attempt my scores are :

Listening : 8
Reading : 8.5
Writing : 7
Speaking : 7

now do I have to go online and register with the GMC and follow the instructions and what else do I have to do ? Thanks for your replies.

35 year old lady flew from south africa to united kingdom.3 days later she presents iwth cough and blood stained sputum.what is the single most appropriate investigation??
A. D dimmer
B. Verntilation perfusion scan
C. Pulmpnary angiogram
D. Chest Xray

Finally I made it. I was so depressed cos it was a third attempt and I didn’t get the required score. But this time was my fourth attempt and it is still unbelievable. It was just a miracle. Feeling really blessed getting this result on this holy month of ramadan

My suggestion::
Every body has their own pace. You don’t have to be depressed like I did if u don’t make it in the first or second attempt. Never give up.
I didn’t use any websites. I just practiced Cambridge IELTS 11-1 backward. Practice until you feel comfortable without any strain doing it, like in muscle memory, for listening and reading. Write as many essays as you can and ask someone to evaluate your work.

listening- concentrate as much as you can on what the CD says. Also try to read and understand the questions in next section during the time given for checking answers for the previous section. That is my trick.
Reading- again read the question and try to memorize the key words before you read the passage. It will save you lots of time. Then skim the passage. Don’t even try to understand if you can’t. The most important, give the last passage 25 minutes cos it is the most difficult one.
Writing- try to write it in coherent way. Don’t have to be very high vocab or grammar. Just enough.
Speaking- practice more and be confident

We are giving away FREE accounts to our question bank for 24 hours access to the first 50 people!

To gain a free account for 24 hours, just like this post and send us your email address in a private message or a comment.

Free access will be valid for 24 hours and will end on Sunday 4th June 2017 at midnight (GMT+1).

Please note, free accounts are only valid for new users.

We will be starting our teaching classes on 18th of June which will be free for all Plabable members. Take advantage and sign up NOW!

If a post cholecystectomy pt develops jaundice, to assess the pt which test is most appropriate:
Mrcp
Ercp

In different keys, there are different answers!

A 64 year-old woman complains of continuous chest pain for 20 minutes. It started suddenly during a stressful meeting. It is dull and aching in nature and 9/10 in severity. She had several episodes of chest pain in the past that starting after exertion and resolving by rest. She was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and hypertension 3 years ago. Her pulse is 98/min., regular and blood pressure is 160/100. ECG shows T inversion in leads II, III and AVF. Cardiac enzymes are negative. Echocardiography shows no wall motion abnormalities and ejection fraction of 65%.
What is the most appropriate immediate treatment of this patient?
A-Ibuprofen
B-Tissue plasminogen activator (tPA)
C-Enoxaparin
D-Coronary angioplasty
E-Cardiac catheterization

45 year old man presents with malaise and weakness.chest x-rat shows bilateral shadowing of lung bases.what is the most likely diagnosis?
A. legionella
B. Mycoplasma
C. Staphyllococus
D. Pnumocysti carinii
E. Chlamydial pneumonia

A pt presented with jaundice, fever and upper abdominal pain within 24h after removal ofgallstone by ERCP. The cholangiography was done and it (CBD) was patent (but not above due to this). What is the possible cause of his complaints?
a. Biliary infection
b. Acute pancreatitis
c. Perforation

A 2 yo pt presents with colicky pain which radiates from loin to groin. He complains of similar
episodes in the past. Inv has been done and 7mm stone was found in the ureter. What is the
most appropriate management?
a. Percutaneous nephrolithiotomy
b. Open surgery
c. Ureteroscopy or laser
d. Conservative tx
e. ESWL

30 year old lady presents with tingling and numbness in lateral 3 fingers of right hand.wha tis the most app. treatment??
a. Carpal tunnel release surgery
b. Local steroid injection
c. NSAID’s
d. Paracetamol
e. Splinting

17 year old presents to A&E with traumatic hip.he has foot drop and is unable to dorsiflesx or evert over his left ankle.sensation is lost over front and lateral of leg and dorsum of foot? which nerve is most likely affected??
a. Common peroneal nerve
b. Femoral nerve
c. Sciatic nerve
d. Superficial peroneal nerve
e. Tibial nerve

Tip of the 9th costal cartilage. What is the single most appropriate landmark?
a. Fundus of the gallbladder
b. Deep inguinal ring
c. Termination of the spinal cord
d. Transpyloric plane
e. Vena cava opening in the diaphragm