What is the most definitive investigation?

45 years old diabetic obese woman who reports bilateral lower extremity peripheral edema. She also has arthritis, hypertension and depression. Which of the following medications is the likely cause of her edema
A-Fluoxetine
B-Metformin
C-Naproxen
D-Lisinopril
E-Hydrochlorothiazide

A month old baby is brought to the A&E by her mother who is concerned that her baby is inconsolable. Her baby has been vomiting and cannot keep food down. On examination, the abdomen is distended and a sausage shaped mass is palpable.

What is the most definitive investigation?

Dx?

a. Abdominal USS
b. Abdominal X-ray
c. Barium enema
b. CT scan of the abdomen

A pt came to the hosp with a complaint of severe chest pain lasting for >1h. Following ECG test, pt revealed to have ST depression. He was already on aspirin. What is the most specific tx for this pt?
a. GTN (next)
b. Simvastatin
c. Clopidogrel
d. BBlocker
e. LMWH

Steroid is injurious to wound when given -
A-On first day
B-Within 2 weeks
C-At 2-4 weeks
D-After 4 weeks

A 60-year-old male develops elevation of blood pressure, hyperglycemia, decreased bone density, and occult blood in his stool. Which of the following agents is associated with these adverse effects?
A-Hydrochlorothiazide
B-Pamidronate
C-Finasteride
D-Prednisone
E-Metformin

Drug use for rapid relief of anxiety
A-SSRI
B-Barbiturate
C-Benzodiazepine
D-Lithium

Drug used to treat Metaclopromide induce dyskinesia is?
A-Benzatropine
B-Diphenhydramine
C-Trihexyphenidyl
D-Procyclidine
E-All of above
F-None of above

Which drug is not NSAIDS?
A-Aspirin
B-Ketorolac
C-Meloxicam
D-Paracetamol
E-Mefenamic acid

Why not D (ACEI)? This pt has CRF and diabetic and his BP should therefore be <125/75, in oxford book in management of CRF it said to keep BP at that level we use ACEI or ARBS. Now I don’t know when or when not to choose ACEI. As those drugs are contraindicated in renal failure and cause renal impairment.
No automatic alt text available.

Hello everyone. I have a range of vacancies available in the Bristol area, UK. My client is offering 40% on-call banding for junior posts and CESR for middle grades. If you have experience in the areas of medicine mentioned and your GMC is complete or in process then please get in touch.

• Anaesthetic Specialty Doctor (£37,000-£70,000)
  • Clinical Fellow Urology (£36,000)
  • Consultant Upper GI Surgery (Pre CCT Ok - £76,000+)
  • Trust Doctor Orthogeriatrics (£37,000-£70,000)
  • Clinical Fellow(ST3)Colectoral/General Sur (£30k-£47k)
  • Clinical Fellow (CT1/CT2) General Surgery (£30k-£40k)

Send CVs to: [email protected]
Whatsapp: +44 (0) 7424 621 834
We are two doctors paid and booked Dr Hamed PLAB 2 course. Now we want to go to Dr Swamy course instead of Dr Hamed course. But Dr Hamed is not refunding our money. We requested him many times. But he just does not want to refund our money.
We don’t understand why is he taking money for booking a place when other academies are not taking money to book a place in their course. We feel we have been trapped.

Is there any way we can get the refund from Dr Hamed.
Has this happened to any one else. Please help.

I booked my PLAB2 exam on 5th July and I going to attend Dr Hamed’s course. My question is, which batch?
How much time do I need to prepare myself for PLAB2 after the course ?

Batch FF: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27 May 2017

Batch GG: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 June 2017

Many thanks