Whats the problem with the MPH route? Can't we get good jobs after doing that courses?

Depends on what jobs you are talking about. If ur talking about the field of public health, I dont know. Common sense tells me they would prefer australians over non australians. I have no first hand information on job prospects after MPH
What I would suggest is you check in any Oz immigration site and see if Public Health is on the on demand list.
eg Oz is short of accountants, so if you are an MCom getting a PR and a job is no problem.
If it is not then the job prospects would not be great (but not impossible).

You could check with the college you are applying as to what the job prospects in Oz are.

You have to remember that as Overseas student fees are a lot more than domestic student fees and hence they look at the money they make rather than looking as you as a potential employee.

[tex:ded3316c5c]If you are talking about clinical jobs in hospitals then it depends on how desperately short the hospital is of doctors.
The current situation in the UK is that there may be hundreds of doctors with two years or more of UK experience who may find themselves jobless from august. Now if you are a hospital director who is looking for a junior doctor in medicine who would you prefer? An MPH graduate or a doctor who trained in the UK in medicine for two years?
I would think that the current shortage may be filled in august itself. The very fact that the Ozzies are now getting choosy and demanding two years UK experience, instead of the one years UK experience they were requesting a month ago should make matters more obvious.
I doubt the prospects look very encouraging after completing the MPH course if you want to switch over to the clinical field.[/tex:ded3316c5c]

Oz is a huge country alright, infact the sixth biggest landwise, but population wise it ranks 54th. The Uk has thrice as many people as in Australia and that is why they could sustain overseas doctors for so long. Heck even countries like Malaysia/ Iraq/Yemen/ Italy Romania have a higher popluation than Australia . Afghanistan has 10 million more people than Oz. Oz may be more than twice the size of India but it has only 40000 more people than in Sri Lanka which is ranked 55th. So much for sizable population. You may assume that an MBBS with an MPH may be the best man for the job but the Ozzies may be up in arms if the government starts dishing out jobs to foreigners.

It is a supply vs demand situation, today Ozs doors may be open for clinical doctors but the with the developments in the UK these doors wont be open for long.

1. After AMC 1 you can get a job if
    [tex:ded3316c5c]
    a. your score is among the top ranks and if the hospital has a suitable post, with people having a years UK experience taking up JHO posts the chances are diminishing

b. If you pay money and take up an observership and a job preparatory courses you stand a good chance; These are quite expensive and could work upto thousands of dollars[/tex:ded3316c5c]

1. In India or the UK you could join a PG the day after you finish your internship.
    In Oz you have to pay your dues for one to two years before you could think of becoming a PG. The number of training posts are very less than non training posts eg in The emergency department where I work there is one Registrar post and seven PHO (non training) posts. It is a myth that there is a shortage of registrar (training) posts and a fact that there is a shortage of PHO posts. So if you think that it is going to be easy for IMGs to enter training programs think again!!! Again if you have only done internship then after AMC2 you have two undergo a period of supervised training which usually is around one year before you will be granted a full regn and then a PR. That will count as a JHO year, then comes and SHO year and then you will be eligible to enter a training program. Two years hence when Oz is no longer short of doctors do you think it will be any easier for IMGs to get training posts???

2. If there are two training posts and three candidates for the job, the first an Ozzie, the second and IMG who has done his JHO and SHO year and is now a PR and the third an MPH graduate who would you give the job to say if it were a training program in Orthopaedics.

3. I think simply by doing an MPH will not help in any way to get a training job. ON what basis do they give you a training job in medicine/ surgery. etc? because you are a master in Public Health. You will have to check on the job prospects in Public Health yourself. But doing the MPH you can certainly be in Oz and apply for jobs after passing the AMC and that will give you an edge over someone you are competing with who is not in Oz

I am not trying to discourage anyone from entering Oz, but I feel you need know the current situation and make an informed choice, and always have backup plans. It saddens me to see people still taking the PLAB exam when the doors are firmly shut. I personally feel that the doors in Oz are closing soon and for some it may not be practical to take the AMC exam given the UK situation with IMGs. Population wise US has 300 million, Uk has 60 million and Australia has only 20 million. So the population is Oz is not favourable to sustain IMGs for long.