When I rummaged through the cupboards in search of a few files I had tucked away very safely

When I rummaged through the cupboards in search of a few files I had tucked away very safely, I noticed that some of my old books needed dusting. You know what happens! It is never done with just the dusting! 😉 It takes you down the lane of nostalgia n some philosophical overdose. Hehehe

This one, really demanded my attention… Especially, after having waxed eloquent to students only yesterday about how I solely depended on TEXTBOOKS!

Guyton and Ganong - my most favorite books during my first year of MBBS. That was long, long time ago but the pages and the jottings still look fresh! 🤩 It gives the same excitement to flip the pages today.

Not just the markings on the books, I made sure I had most of the important points consolidated in notebooks, for quick revision later. However, I went back to these textbooks for the visual memory I relied on.

The doubts on my first page of Ganong appear so silly now but at that time, they wrecked the brain. N there were no Google-aunty-type teachers available 24x7(like me😉) to get answers to these queries. Had to read more to find out myself and also had good seniors to help out.

Success did not come easy. I still don’t believe in easy n shortcut routes to success.

Probably now you know I don’t say grand lies. I simply love books! I relied on hardwork n that too, my own. The reward of hardwork is definitely sweet and enjoyable, knowing you very well deserve every bit of it.