Which of the following is a false statement?
- A. Acetaminophen does not have anti-inflammatory action
- B. NSAIDs with least cardiovascular risk in Naproxen
- C. Gastric irritation is more severe with NSAIDs compared to aspirin
- D. Non selective COX-2 inhibitors are contraindicated in postoperative patients
Correct answer: C. Gastric irritation is more severe with NSAIDs compared to aspirin
- Gastric irritation is most severe with aspirin.
- It can cause gastric mucosal erosion and ulceration leading to bleeding and perforation.
Reference: Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, 20th edition, Page 68.